Today I took the completed illustration and prepared the final document from which I'll save the final project. Basically, putting the illustration into a poster format, both landscape and portrait.
What seems like a simple job (copy, paste, add logo/text) is actually a little trickier than that.
Most importantly, the placement of the car in the final piece means that it is 35% the size of my original illustration (fun fact, compared to the Jordan 191 it will be to scale).
This is still around 3600px wide however as my original is over 11,000px in width.
Scaling down the car by this much comes with its own challenges. Any strokes or envelope distortions in the original must be outlined into shapes to prevent them from going all out of whack when scaled down.
This also includes the bristle brushes I used to apply textures to the wheels. I used about 100 of these in total, and when converted into shapes I end up with an extra 8500 paths, bringing my original 10,000 up to almost 19,000 in total.
The wireframe for this project is almost pure black in some places as there are nearly 300,000 anchor points in the entire project. Those are scary numbers, I'm glad I didn't draw all those paths by hand!
Anyway, the document is now complete, which means I'll be able to launch the project soon. I'll need to dedicate an entire evening (maybe 2) to publishing this, will be writing up blog posts and such as its been such a long process.
I knew going into this that it would be more demanding than the Jordan 191, but I'm glad I took this on and I can be proud of the final piece.